Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Woo hoo!

I just got a new writing gig. Four articles, 1000-1500 words each, $100 per article. It's for an upcoming theatre festival.

Color me psyched. That'll get me to P'town and back in August. Now I just need a gig that will pay my portion of our house rental.

So back to the books.

Last night I read Bitch Goddess by Robert Rodi. Amusing, but not his best work. The story was told in epistolary form (well, mostly, though there were some "transcribed" phone messages in there), which got to be a little much after a while.

Still, I much prefered Kept Boy (my favorite of his books) and What They Did to Princess Paragon.

After I finished Bitch Goddess, I started on Swish. I only made it through the introduction, but it was exactly what I expected from Joel - cute, funny, snarky, and just generally a lot of fun. I can't wait to read the rest.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Congrats on the writing job!

Could you write one for Patrick so those caterer terrorists will finally let him out of that cage and let him go?