Right, I have a blog. Sorry I've been neglecting it, but things are still a little crazy for me. So rather than bothering to catch you up on all the fabulous things I haven't been doing, I think I'll just list some of my New Year's Resolutions.
1) Write between 500-1000 words a day.
2) Eat out less. Specifically, for the month of January, I won't be eating anything I didn't prepare. No cafeteria for lunch. No pre-theatre dinners at a local restaurant. No calling for pizza when I don't feel like cooking. After January, I'll be limiting myself to no more than two meals out per week.
3) Be more proactive about getting in shape. Go to the gym at least three days per week. Start doing my physical therapy exercises every evening before bed.
4) Spend a little time every day (15-30 minutes) cleaning or organizing my apartment. Get rid of all the old clothes, books I don't intend to read again, and other clutter.
5) Cut back on the TV. No TV in January (though I will tape BSG and watch it later). After that, no more than 5 hours of TV per week, though I will allow myself to tape shows and watch them later. The basic upshot of this is to keep me from wasting hours flipping channels when nothing is on.
5) Add at least one CD a day to iTunes until I'm caught up.
6) Blog every day.
7) Catch up on my theatre reviews and once done, file all my future reviews within two days of having seen the show.
8) Market my plays. Submit at least five plays to festivals or local theatre companies. This should be made considerably easier by the 500-1000 words a day resolution.
9) Be better about writing. Respond to all e-mails within two days. Send someone I know a letter or card at least once a week. I know how much I like receiving something other than junk mail, it's the least I can do to brighten a friend's day.
10) Be diligent about keeping track of my finances for tax purposes. Now that I'm actually making money from my writing, I need to start keeping track of my expenses.
11) Take care of a personal matter. That's all I'm saying about that one.
12) Make one Christmas gift per month. This year I gave a couple of handmade gifts and loved making them. I've decided to make most of my gifts this year.
13) Finish one art project per month.
I'm sure that more will be added as the year goes on.
So where do I stand on the resolutions three days into the year?
Well, January 1 was spent coming up with the resolutions, so it doesn't count. But looking at yesterday and today:
3) Well, nothing so far, but I'm going to the gym tonight.
6) Um . . . well, I'm blogging today.
7) Catching up. Next show to be reviewed is Friday, so I'll let you know on Sunday.
8) Nothing yet.
9) Doing okay with e-mail. No letter yet.
12) Ordered the material for two of the gifts.
13) Nothing yet.
All in all, not too bad.
So did any of you make resolutions?
There’s a Ken Doll for Everyone Now: WATCH
6 hours ago