Saturday, September 06, 2003

I'm sitting here listening to Hanson (screw you, don't judge me). It is impossible (well, difficult) to be in anything but a good mood while listening to three relentlessly perky teenagers singing in harmony. That coupled with the fact that I managed to go to the Farmers' Market, Chelsea Market, read for two hours at Starbucks, get a haircut and order my loveseat, chair and ottoman, means that I'm in a remarkably good mood.

I also got to spend about ten minutes with Mike'n (David was working) and with Mike I., my Kentucky friend who is in town for the weekend for a friend's mother's birthday. I wish I could have spent a little more time with him, but it's enough sometimes just to see a face, hear the voice and feel the arms wrapped around you. Some --

Mmmm-Bop . . . sorry. I love this song (screw you, don't judge me). Now, I must dance - - be right back.

(Okay, that was one of my sillier spontaneous moments. For shits and giggles (as me sainted mother always says) I'll describe what just happened. My need to dance swept me up. Lacking a great deal of space because I've been unpacking, I just kind of hopped around twirling my arms for a minute. Then I started jumping/dancing up the stairs from my living room. It was sort of like Shirley Temple in 'The Little Colonel' if instead of a cute, curly haired little girl, Shirley had been a big, hairy, rugby guy with a buzzcut. I think that would have hindered her career, however. All I can say is thank God I don't have a webcam. You know, considering the crappy mood I've been in of late, I really needed that.)

Where was I? Oh, yeah. Making a serious point about the nature of friendship. My point was I love talking to my friends who are all over the country, but sometimes I just need to see, hold, smell and touch them. Remind my body that they are real. Sometime friendship needs to be tactile.

I don't know if that made any sense, but that's the best I can do to describe it.

Anyway, I got this from Wayne's site and thought I'd put it here. Read on and learn . . .

10 bands/singers you've been listening a lot to lately:
1. Hanson (screw you, don't judge me)
2. SClub7 (ditto)
3. Tracy Chapman
4. Tasmin Archer
5. Indigo Girls
6. Jimmy Dorsey and His Orchestra (I'm working on a play set in a 1940's nightclub)
7. Glenn Miller
8. The Andrews Sisters
9. Benny Goodman
10. The Carpenters

9 things you look forward to:
1. Blogging
2. Hanging out with Mike'nDavid
3. Going to the Farmers' Market
4. Drinking with the rugby boys
5. My comfy chair
6. Mashed potato day at the office cafeteria (Thursdays)
7. Fall (my favorite season)
8. My birthday dinner (I always go out for a really good steak)
9. Weekends reading at Starbucks

8 things you like to wear:
1. Boxer briefs
2. My glasses
3. Obsession for Men
4. My Ohm ring
5. My Celtic ring
6. My "Faux"vado watch
7. Hiking Boots
8. My rugby t-shirts

7 things that annoy you:
1. Humidity
2. Cell phones and the people who use them constantly
3. Loud music
4. People who break plans with me
5. Paper cuts
6. The constant pain in my knees
7. My stereo which is on the fritz

6 things you say most days:
1. I'll look it up for you
2. Can I get that to you later this week?
3. Oh, I've wasted my life (from the Simpson's spoof of "The Omega Man")
4. Upstairs? Noon? (to my work lunch buddy)
5. It's me. Call me back. (Phone tag with my friends)
6. Cool.

5 things you do everyday:
1. Shower
2. Blog
3. Question my life choices
4. Eat
5. That thing that makes Jesus cry

4 people you'd like to spend more time with:
1. The friends I've lost touch with
2. My grandfather (I miss him terribly and would give anything I own just to be able to hug him one more time. You never realize until it's too late)
3. My mom and dad (they get on my nerves sometimes, but I'd be lost without them)
4. Any of the people I've been lucky enough to call my best friend

3 movies you could watch over and over again:
1. Beautiful Thing
2. Young Frankenstein
3. My Favorite Year

2 of your favorite songs at the moment:
1. Fast Car
2. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

1 person you could spend the rest of your life with:
1. Moot point until I find one that would spend the rest of his with me.

No comments: