Sunday, September 21, 2003

I'm in a surprisingly good mood today. Didn't do much of anything this weekend. Yesterday, I pretty much slept all day. Went to the gym. Hung out with Mike for a couple of hours, which is the most I've hung out with him in well over a month. We used to spend lots of time together, but now he has a boyfriend. Can't even blame Mike, 'cause if I had a boyfriend, I'd want to spend all my time with him, too. Still kind of sucks for me though.

Anyway. I did some stuff around the house today. Cleaned about two months of black gunk from the bathtub. Realized that the funky smell in the kitchen was the dishes in the sink. Cleaned 'em. Went shopping over at Western Beef, the only market in the city that has things in bulk. Bought lots of chicken for the week. Still trying to do Atkins, though I've been really bad about it recently.

Stopped at Starbucks to read for a while, but the guy next to me wanted to chat. Being a polite Southerner, I listened. The guy was a true blue New Yorker. Sounded like Archie Bunker and everything. I kept waiting for him to call me Meathead. As it was, he kept referring to me as Kid. Kind of nice actually.

Went to the gym both days this weekend. Feel great too. I didn't eat today; I know that most people think that's unhealthy, but I tend to feel better if I fast for a day or two every once in a while. Makes me feel more focused. May just be psychosomatic though.

So I'm sitting here killing time. I'm going to go see 'Mambo Italiano' tonight. I don't have high hopes, but I figure it could be funny. What the hell, it's worth a try.

That's pretty much it.

No comments: