Saturday, September 27, 2003

AWESOME DAY!!!!!!

Rugby was great. I'm still injured so I didn't play, but the games were terrific. We got our asses spanked (and not in the good way), but we scored our first ever Met NY Union points. For those of you who may be on more established teams, this may not sound like much. But when you consider that the majority of our guys never touched a rugby ball before joining our team, it's pretty amazing.

It would have been great if we'd had a better score in the end, but fuck it. We had a good time, good party and played some good rugby. Damn, what a day!!!

I'm sitting here sunburnt, exhausted and deliriously happy. Not drunk, sadly. I didn't drink at the post-game party since I don't drink beer and that's all we had. No biggie. Lots of time to drink later.

Another cool part of the day was getting to watch a little of the Columbia v. NYU game which was played after ours. A couple of our guys joined in with the NYU team (from Stern, I believe) because they were short a few players. But I've got to say, the Columbia team . . . woof. I nearly pulled on my boots and played, too, just for the opportunity to tackle one of them.

Of course, once I'd watched a little of the game I was glad I didn't. These teams were young and were playing rough. Hot, but dangerous for an old out-of-shape guy like me.

After the game, I stopped by Meyers of Keswick, the neighborhood British goods store and picked up Scotch Eggs and Sausage Rolls. Perfect end to a great day.

Now to balance all the fun, I'm going to go do laundry and unpack some more. Not too fun, but very important.

No comments: