Monday, March 08, 2004

So a little follow up to last night's entry.

I came home last night very eager to read my e-mail and check everyone's blogs. So eager in fact that I didn't investigate the odd, unpleasant smell that was lingering in the apartment when I arrived. I decided that it must be a piece of fruit or something that I had thrown out that had rotted while I was out of town. Even though I had taken out the garbage before I'd left.

Well, no matter.

So I checked my e-mails. And blogged. And read all your blogs. And visited a couple of my favorite web sites. I read CNN, BBCNews, and the New York Times. Then I made some phone calls.

Around 10 p.m. I decided to go grab a sandwich. But first I thought I'd go to the bathroom.

Wish I'd done that earlier.

It seems the pipes in the apartment above mine developed a leak while I was on vacation. Water leaked through my ceiling. And my walls. And an electrical outlet.

Fortunately, none of my stuff was damaged (though my rug looks like it has plaster dried into it), but the walls and ceiling in the bathroom and dressing room look as though someone smeared them with pizza. And there is plaster all over the place. That lovely smell was the mildew which has taken up residence all over my walls and ceilings.

Bitch of a thing to come home to.

No comments: