Thursday, March 18, 2004

Last night I ordered Chinese (at least the broccoli was green) and watched Donnie Darko. It was absolutely amazing. I missed it when it came out in the theaters (right after 9/11, which frankly is kind of a blur to me) and I'm really glad I did. I would have had to think too much and I wasn't capable of it then.

But I've got to say, I really wish I hadn't waited until now to see it. I've had the DVD for over a year (don't even remember where I got it, probably a sale) but didn't really know anything about it, so I was in no hurry to see it.

Man, what a fool I was.

I can't even begin to describe it, even though I'd really like to.

Which leads to the second part of this post. I'm sick of being alone for things like this. I want to experience movies, art, music, all the things I love, with someone at my side. I want to see their reaction. I want to discuss things. I'm so tired of this solitude.

Anyway, that's where I am today. At least I'm getting together with one of the guys on the team for dinner. That should help. Of course, I'm going to go see the production of A Midsummer Night's Dream at BAM on Sunday by myself, so I'll be plunged right back into my icebath of lonliness right in time for the work week to start.

Woo fucking hoo.

No comments: